- Polartec® Power Air™ recycled fleece material
- Lightweight, breathable warmth
- 4-way stretch
- Weight 16oz
- Soft hand feel
- 3 button placket closure
- New bonded kangaroo pocket with interior phone pocket
- Adjustable bungee hem
- Blouson sleeve with elastic binding cuff
- Diamond underarm gusset for enhanced movement and comfort when wearing a backpack
- Made in NYC
Regular price $188.00
Unit price per
The pullover hiking fleece is designed to equip you for moments when you need a little extra warmth on trail, at the campsite or in town.
Made in NYC from recycled materials.
Outside 2022 Best Fleece Award Winner
Polartec 2021 Apex Award Winner
Main Fabric: Polartec® Power Air™
- 92% recycled polyester 8% spandex
- Lightweight, midwarmth solid jersey grid
- Insulating air capsulation technology that traps warmth
- Maintains breathablility and wicking
- Prevents 5x less microfiber shedding into the enviroment than a typical fleece
- Bluesign® certified
- Made in USA
Lining Fabric: Cervotessile Maglina
- 100% Nylon
- OEKO-TEX® Certified
- Made in Italy
- 100% Tagua nut
- Made in Panama
- Close buttons and turn inside out
- Use a washing bag to protect your garment and to prevent microfibers from shedding into natural water sources
- Machine gentle wash, max 104 °F/ 40 °C
- Use gentle environmentally friendly laundry detergents
- Avoid fabric softeners as these are harmful to the environment, and negatively impact the garment's performance
- Lay flat to dry
- Do not dry in dryer this causes unnecessary wear and tear, the sythentic material dries quickly
- Do not iron
- Do not dry clean
- Do not cut any loose thread contact firstname.lastname@example.org for repair
- At end of life, do not throw out
- NYC local pickup available
- After order is shipped you will receive shipping confirmation with tracking information
- We happily accept unworn, unwashed items, with no marks within 30 days of receiving the item. To start a return email email@example.com
Gorgeous hiking layer
Stumbled across Hikerkind at a coffee shop in Hudson. I fell in love with the rich color and satisfying weight of this top. I’m 5’ 9 and went with my usual size S in Alpenglow. The fabric keeps me warm without feeling stuffy, and the design makes me feel more polished than I do in my typical neon athletic gear or baggy sweatshirt. An effortless, beautiful staple for fall hikes. This looked great against the brilliant autumn leaves outside.
Best piece of clothing I’ve purchased in years
I’ve purchased several high end sweaters and fleeces over the last few years, but this is the one I reach for every day. First, it’s a surprisingly very flattering with all waists and fits of jeans/pants. Second, it launders VERY easily, unlike so many winter layers. Third, I love the look of a buttoned up collar, but usually find in untenable (especially indoors) with most sweaters- it’s just too dang suffocating. However, this is breathable enough that I can keep it buttoned up for a very fresh look all day without feeling uncomfortable. The fabric and cut also look tailored enough for work/zoom calls. Unlike so many fleeces, it does not attract dog hair. Couldn’t be more pleased!
This item has been a huge success both on the trail and amongst my friends. The design is so thoughtful at every stitch! There is no other maker out there creating pieces for women like this - I've tried finding them!! My boyfriend doesn't understand why it's so off putting to have logos everywhere on other sporting gear, but Hikerkind doesn't make you make any sacrifices when it comes to function and fashion. After all - being on the trail is where we are most ourselves, so why shouldn't our clothing reflect that too?
I love everything about MIDLAYER_01 -- the color, the style, the fit, the fabric. I'm a 5'1 petite woman and often have a hard time finding layers that are comfortable but I'm happy to share that I've finally found my favorite! The XS fit perfectly to wear a light base layer underneath with more than enough room to still be comfortable. I love this fit and fabric, Power Air, because when layering underneath, the base layer doesn't bunch up against the inside of MIDLAYER_01 with the functional design being on the outer part of the garment. I can't wait to see what Hikerkind releases next!
Comfortable beyond the fabric
This layer has become a staple in my wardrobe as a validating piece of apparel designed with my body in mind and with space for my gender to be expressed with fluidity. It's functional and comfortable for its intended uses, yes, but it's also a unique design that makes me feel safe in my own body and doesn't contribute to the gender dysphoria often felt by many outdoor apparel pieces. This goes with me on the trail but also throughout my daily activities and is a trusted piece of comfort for both my mind and body every day.